March 8th, 2012
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, so I thought I would bring back and oldie – but a goodie! – Leprechaun Pies! Today, I’ll be showing you how to repurpose empty baby food jars and make delicious Leprechaun Personal Pies!!
First thing you need to do is gather approximately 10 baby jars. Be sure to take off the label and run them through the dishwasher.
Next, you will need the following ingredients:
- 12 oz of White Chocolate Chips (or one bag)
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened (or one package)
- 1 tsp. Green Food Coloring
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream, Whipped Until Stiff
- 2 Graham Cracker Crusts (I was lazy and didn’t make my own!)
- 1 package Andes Mints (or check your bulk candy section in your grocer!)
Cooking Instructions (a little different from last time):
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate and 1/2 cup of the whipping cream. Microwave on high power, 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each time, until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- With an electric mixer, beat the rest of the ingredients into the chocolate mixture until everything is evenly blended – adding just enough green food coloring to give it a nice green hue.
- Pour the whipped chocolate/graham mixture into the jars until they are just about full and place one Andes mint into the center of the mix.
- Secure the lids back on the jars and allow to chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or overnight.
- To give these personal pies a little pizazz (I love alliteration), I created these toppers for the lids - and you can download them here for free! And they fit a 2″ paper punch perfectly!
And to give these little pies a bit more flare, I zig-zag stitched the tops to scraps of white fabric.
And then secured them to the tops of the jars with white yarn.
Cute, simple, and recycled! Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
If you download the toppers and make your own personal pies, please email me or leave a link of the pictures!
Until next time!